Download the Virginia Tech Rec Sports App
Download today to access all things Rec Sports at your fingertips:
Hokie Movement Club: Student Exercise Incentive Program
Challenges begin October 3! Visit the Hokie Movement Club's webpage for (free) registration and details.
African Dance Classes: 9/30, 10/28, 12/2
Traditional West African Dance offers the opportunity to move and learn new rhythms with fun activities, interesting movements, positive self-expression and captivating beats. The session can help develop a new sense of community and stimulate a different type of engagement and interaction. It combines wellness and exercise in a way that relieves stress within a “no judgment zone”. All faculty, staff, and students of any skill level are welcome to learn something new and become more fit.
This class will be offered monthly at McComas Gym's Studio B:
- September 30
- October 28
- December 2
Free workouts from our Instagram
Provided by our certified Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Instructors. Check back weekly for new uploads!
- "Workin' with Weights" workout with Lisa
- "Crushing on Crunches" Valentine's Day themed core workout with Courtney
- HIIT Workout with Max
- "Workin' with Weights" workout
- "Common Deadlift Form Mistakes" with Amber
- Small Group Training Circuit Workout
- "Cycle Workout" with Kam
- Partner Workout
- "Barre Workout" with Izzy
- Fitness Park Circuit Workout
- "Cardio Dance" with Dani
- Full Body Workout with Sierra
- Yoga Flow with Anna
- "Cardio Dance" with Julia
- "Full Body Bodypump" with Adri
- "Dumbbell only Bicep Workout" with Nicky
- Barre with Izzy
- "Chest/Delt Fly Machine" with Corinne
- "Cycle and Arms" with Catherine
- Stretching with Erin
- "Full Body Queenax Workout"
- "Home Core Workout" with Julia
- Cycle with Harper
- "At Home Pilates" with Courtney
- Core with Catherine
- "Cardio Dance" with Juliet
- HIIT with Kam
- "Full Body Bodyweight Workout" with Ansley
- "RDL Progression" with Cam
- "Treadmill Workout" with Francesca
- "Total Body Strength" with Sabrina
- "Full Body Dumbbell" with Julia
- "TRX Workout" with Julianne
- "Spring Break Morning Flow" with Charlotte
- "How to do a Push-Up" with Margaret
- "Dumbbell Tricep Excercises" with Liz
Virginia Tech employees are invited to join the 2022 Summer Employee Movement Club, where members will participate in weekly challenges and engage virtually through a free exercise app called Strava. Using Strava will allow employees to log workouts, encourage each other, and compete in challenges throughout the summer. Each week, members that complete the challenge will be eligible to win prizes.
New this summer, Rec Sports will also provide in person workout per week. Locations and type of workouts will vary.
Employee Movement Club members will receive a weekly email that sends encouragement, explains the weekly challenges as well as details about the in person workout of the week. This weekly communication will also announce the prize winners from the previous week. All skill and ability levels are encouraged to join.
If you are interested, click here to sign up. Once you fill out the short interest form, you will receive a welcome e-mail with step-by-step instructions on downloading the app and joining the club. There will be a total of six weeks of challenges, and the first challenge begins on June 20.
Test your Virginia Tech trivia to save the HokieBird in our Virtual Escape Room!
The objective of a typical escape room is to navigate through themed rooms by finding clues and solving puzzles. The Rec Sports Virtual Escape Room recreates this experience virtually by taking you through a written adventure along with pictures, videos, and multiple choice questions.
Users can complete this escape room individually or compete against friends. Simply work together or enter the challenge separately and see who can escape first!