How to make a facility reservation:
1. Check the rental fees to be sure they fit with your budget.
All Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
- $10 per booking (regardless of space)
- $10 per hour (regardless of space. Except tennis courts, which is $3 per hour)
Non VT Affiliates
- Exercise studio: $25 per hour
- Pool: $30 per hour
- Basketball Court: $25 per court per hour
- Artificial Turf: $30 per field per hour
- Tennis Court: $6 per court per hour
Staffing (per hour)
Additional staffing may be required depending on the needs of your reservation
Building Supervisor: $20
- Needed when reservation takes place outside of regular business hours
- Needed for events with large numbers of people. At the discretion of the operations team
Event Supervisor: $20
- Needed for events that require activities to be led
Group Ex or Small Group Training Coach: $25
- Reservations that use strength equipment or leading an exercise class
Lifeguards (x2): $40
- Needed for all reservations at the pool (up to 50 participants). Additional $20 per additional 25 participants
Turf Field Supervisor: $20
- Needed when reservation takes place on the outdoor fields
2. Check the availability of the space you want based on date, time, and location.
3. Fill out the reservation request form.
Reminder: A certificate of insurance is needed for:
Events expecting 100 or more people in attendance
Events involving food sales or consumption
Events where alcohol is being served
Events with minor participants
Sports, exercise, or recreational activities where there is a potential for bodily injury.
4. Review the Reservation Manual for further details.
Reserve a space for an on-campus race:
Recreational Sports is the official reservation office for reserving space on campus for the purpose of races. We are here to support race directors/event coordinators to:
- Plan and design your event
- Reserve space for your event
- Rent equipment such as (include here)
- Guide you through the event planning process
For planning purposes, we request a minimum of 30 days notice for all race reservation requests. It is important to note that most routes will require Virginia Tech Police (VTPD) present for safety purposes. There is an associate cost for VTPD security and those will be shared during the reservation process and are determined by the route, number of road crossings which impacts the number of officers needed. All races will require a certificate of insurance with a $1M insurance policy.
Reservations can be requested for:
- Fall on Aug. 15
- Spring on Dec. 1
- Summer on April 1
Other Reservation Requests:
Private Group Ex Class Request