Group Exercise Policies
We are so excited that you are ready to take your fitness level to the next step with our group exercise program. Before you get started, here are a few things you will need to know:
- To register for a group exercise memberhip, you must sign up online. Once you do that and payment has been successfully received, your Hokie Passport will be activated. For more details on package prices and information regarding registration, visit the Membership + Pricing page.
- Some participants may require a medical release to be completed by a physician before participating in group exercise classes.
- McComas Hall: All participants must have an active registration on file (without pending payment and/or medical release). Please present your Hokie Passport to the fitness assistant at the door of the studio you wish to enter. Participants that are allowed an exception, agree to the following: I have a current registration on file. My payment is not pending nor do I have a medical release pending. By entering this studio, I agree that I am telling the truth and if found that I am not, I understand consequences will follow such as being banned from Recreational Sports facilities and programs.
- Faculty and staff who are McComas Hall members may purchase a pass to participate in group exercise classes at McComas.
- If you are not a full time student enrolled in classes over the summer, you must pay the fee to use McComas in order to attend fitness classes in McComas Hall.
- Please arrive on time and dressed in appropriate athletic attire. The following shoes will not be permitted: open toe shoes, sandals, boots, dress shoes, or shoes with marking soles. Athletic-type shoes must be worn. It is highly recommended that participants wear cross-training type shoes to protect from injury. This does not apply to Mind + Body or Aqua classes.
- Studio doors will be closed and locked following the warm-up portion of the class. It is unsafe to go into a class that has completed the warm-up.
- The schedule is subject to change due to special events and low participation. Classes with three consecutive weeks of participation of three patrons or less are subject to being permanently removed from the schedule.
- Please respect the instructor by following enforced policies. Unruly participants can be asked to leave at the instructor's discretion.
- Refunds will only be given for cancellations based on medical reasons. A medical notice will be required that states the date that the injury occured or when the patient was advised to discontinue the program. There will be a $10.00 administrative charge. Also, refunds must be requested before the last day of the package/pass. If packages go un-used and a refund is not requested, the packages and payments are forfeited.
- Please send a request and the medical notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.