Customer Service Attendant
Customer Service Attendants on the Membership Services team within the Department of Recreational Sports at Virginia Tech oversee the day-to-day operations of the welcome desk at McComas Hall. Position responsibilities include providing exceptional customer service to all patrons by answering programming questions or assisting with any other needs they may have, checking members into the facility and enforcing access regulations, processing payments for memberships and services (towels and lockers), responding to facility incidents and emergencies, and working alongside the building operations staff to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for all patrons. In addition, Rec Sports consistently strives to create inclusive and welcoming spaces and promote the importance of well-being and physical activity to all patrons. Ability to adopt pro-active strategies to help advance the department's safety and risk management initiatives in order to create a positive and safe environment. Students who successfully take on the role of the customer service attendant should incorporate all of these aspects in their daily work.
- Prior customer service experience in a structured work environment
- Comfortability with navigating and processing payments through our in-house transaction system
- Pass university PCI-compliant training (included in initial staff training)
- Perform facility tours that engage and inform patrons
- Able to take initiative and have a “above and beyond” attitude during all shifts
- Be able to manage conflict and have good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Hard-working and friendly demeanor
- Able to manage multiple job duties at once (multi-task)
- Working knowledge of Rec Sports facilities and programs
- Certified in CPR/First Aid/AED (opportunity to be trained on-site, if needed)
- Working/Training Rate - $12/hour
Customer Service Attendants are hired in April of each year for the subsequent academic year.
How to Apply:
Positions that are accepting applicants post job applications on recsports.vt.edu/employment.