Sport Club Supervisor
Sport Club Supervisors are individuals who supervise evening and weekend Sport Club events, including games, practices, and tournaments. Sport Club Supervisors also maintain office hours to ensure all proper paperwork is completed by the teams, to assist in travel arrangements, and to help maintain all financial records for Sport Club Teams. Supervisors will create and promote a positive and professional relationship between VT Sport Club teams, visiting teams, coaches, and university administration. Supervisors should exhibit a high level of energy and a positive attitude. They are expected to be hard working individuals who have a general knowledge of sports and an ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals in sports settings. Supervisors should have the Ability to adopt proactive strategies to help advance the department's safety and risk management initiatives in order to create a positive and safe environment. In addition, the Department of Recreational Sports consistently strives to create inclusive and welcoming environments, and to promote the importance of well-being and physical activity to all patrons. The position reports directly to the Sport Club Assistant Director and Sport Club Coordinator. The responsibilities of a Sport Club Supervisor are as follows:
- Maintain, at all times, a customer service philosophy when interacting with students, staff, faculty, parents, and guests
- Complete steps for team hotel reservations, team fleet service reservations, and team expenditure requests
- Maintain fines for needed documents (roster, schedule, etc.) for a handful of teams that you will be assigned during orientation
- Work with Innosoft Fusion Software to keep a record of team dues and deposits
- Supervisors may be asked to take on additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Sport Club Assistant Director
- Wear staff attire while on duty while supervising Sport Club practices.
- Have at least one opening and/or closing field shift and one lights shift each week.
- Complete shift report and notify the Sport Club Coordinator/Assistant Director.
- Wear staff attire while on duty while supervising Sport Club games and tournaments.
- Assist teams with setting up for their events (tables, water, tents, etc.) as well as other event operations tasks.
- Actively supervisor each event and assist the Athletic Trainer as needed.
- Act as a first responder in times of need and properly document injuries.
- Complete shift report and notify the Sport Club Coordinator/Assistant Director
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at Virginia Tech.
- Must have a flexible schedule and must be available on evenings and weekends.
- Must have or be willing to get CPR/ AED for Professional Rescuers certifications.
- Must have an ability to work independently and have a high level of organization
How to Apply: