Strength + Conditioning Supervisor
Under the guidance of the Graduate Assistant of Fitness and the Fitness Coordinator, the Strength + Conditioning Supervisor provides leadership to the small group training coaches, large group training coaches, and the olympic lifting program, coordinates the semester scheduling for SGT/Sport Clubs/Open Rec/Clinics/Dance, delivers an excellent customer service experience to all clientele, and supports the vision and mission of the Department of Recreational Sports and the VT Fitness program.
- Maintains office hours (~10 hours per week)
- Acts as an engaged member of the Fitness Leadership Team by participating in weekly team meetings and a bi-weekly 1:1 meeting with the Fitness GA, Fitness Coordinator, and/or Assistant Director
- Assist in producing SGT/Dance schedules for summer, fall, and spring semesters, in addition to any free weeks.
- Evaluates and presents registration numbers weekly, and provide suggestions at weekly team meetings to reach a target sales goal.
- Maintains small group training and dance registrations and provides rosters to coaches and instructors.
- Provides administration to small group training and dance program by developing business cards, bios, pictures, and other means necessary for promotional materials.
- Maintains accurate schedule information on the Rec Sports Website, Fusion, Google Calendars, and TimeClock+ Scheduler.
- Schedules all sport club meeting times, reserves spaces necessary for training, assigns coaches to all team sports, and assists in writing all team workouts.
- Schedules and leads Olympic Lifting Clinics multiple times throughout each semester.
- Maintains an accurate schedule of all employee’s shifts in When to Work, as well as an accurate recording of all sessions held with club teams in an invoice.
- Maintain American Red Cross Adult/Infant/Child CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications.
- Serves as a liaison and communicates regularly to participants through face-to-face and email communication.
- Participates in professional development opportunities such as conferences, certifications, and workshops.
- Attends the fitness leadership team retreat, supervisor cohort training, and applicable workshops.
- Attends, leads, and plans for all mandatory meetings and in-services.
- Maintains communication with all areas of VT Fitness and Recreational Sports facilities and programs.
- Be active team member and/or leader in all major special events.
Primary Skills Necessary
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Constructing reports and public speaking
- Managing time and meeting deadlines
- Learning programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word Processor, iPad Check-In system, When-to-Work, Google Calendar, and Fusion registration system.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of one semester on staff with VT Fitness (at time of hire)
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification
If interested please email Zak Worrell, firstname.lastname@example.org