Personal Training Supervisor
Under the guidance of the Graduate Assistant of Fitness, the Personal Training Supervisor provides leadership and education to the personal training staff, coordinates client/trainer pairings, delivers an excellent customer service experience to all clientele, and supports the vision and mission of the Department of Recreational Sports and the VT Fitness program.
- Hold weekly office hours (~10 hr/wk) for mentoring trainers, organizing and assigning clientele, facilitating workshops and furthering staff professional development, and keeping up with administrative duties.
- Maintain personal training and fitness testing registration and assign appropriate trainers to clients.
- Maintain accurate schedule information in When2Work, Fusion and TimeClock+ Scheduler (through the Fitness Graduate Assistant).
- Manage daily calibration for the BOD POD and conduct regular walkthroughs of the Fitness Assessment Center (FAC) and Personal Training Office, maintaining their cleanliness.
- Organize and maintain PT program files and paperwork both online in the Google Drive and within the FAC file cabinet.
- Serves as a Teaching Assistant to HNFE 1214: Weight Training and HNFE 2264: Exercise Leadership – Personal Trainer.
- Recruit, train, and spearhead the Evaluation Team to provide quality assurance to Personal Training staff and clients each semester.
- Train personal training staff on systems such as When To Work, Microfit and BOD POD.
- Serve as a role model for personal trainers by training regular clients, conducting fitness assessments, learning new skills and obtaining additional certifications, demonstrating professionalism, etc.
- Serve as a liaison and communicate regularly with potential and current participants through face-to-face, telephone, and email communication.
- Act as an engaged member of the Fitness Leadership Team by participating in weekly team meetings and a bi-weekly 1:1 meeting with the Fitness GA, Fitness Coordinator, and/or Assistant Director.
- Evaluate and present monthly registration numbers and provide suggestions at weekly team meetings to reach target sales goals.
- Evaluate, research, recommend, and implement changes to current procedures and programs for participants and staff on a monthly basis to improve the VT Fitness brand and experience.
- Deliver disciplinary reports to deserving employees when necessary.
- Maintain communication with all areas of VT Fitness and Recreational Sports facilities and programs.
- Communicate regularly with personal trainers and Rec Sports Marketing teams to develop promotions and campaigns.
- Develop business cards and maintain bios, pictures, and other promotional materials to market the PT program.
- Serve as a liaison between VT Fitness and HNFE to schedule Methods Class BOD POD testing each semester.
- Maintain NCCA personal training certification, and American Red Cross Adult/Infant/Child CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications.
- Plan and evaluate necessary staff continuing education opportunities throughout the year.
- Participate in professional development opportunities such as conferences, certifications, and workshops.
- Attend the fitness leadership team retreat, supervisor cohort training, and applicable workshops.
- Attend, lead, and plan for all mandatory meetings and in-services.
- Be an active team member and/or leader in all major special events.
Primary Skills Necessary
- Management and organization
- Sense of urgency
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Public speaking and Communication
- Interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, patience and a positive/friendly demeanor
- Familiarity with and ability to learn programs such as MS office, Word Processor, Fusion, Canvas, MicroFit, BOD POD, Functional Movement Screens, etc.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- NCCA Personal Training Certification (ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA preferred)
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification
- One year experience as a personal trainer
- Previous experience on the Evaluation Team preferred
- Functional Movement Screen certification preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
If interested please email Zak Worrell, email@example.com