As a Facility Supervisor, you will assume a great deal of responsibility. The employees that you supervise will recognize you as part of the administrative staff within Recreational Sports. You will be entrusted to monitor and supervise the recreational facilities and employees in the absence of department management.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the facilities are operating in a safe, efficient manner. Employees and patrons alike will look upon you as the person in charge. Please consider yourself as a role model to all our facility employees. Hold yourself responsible for your own actions and the actions of the employees you supervise. Doing so is not only important for the success of our department but can also develop into lifelong skills for you in your professional career. Ability to adopt pro-active strategies to help advance the department's safety and risk management initiatives in order to create a positive and safe environment. In addition, Recreational Sports consistently strives to create inclusive and welcoming environments, and to promote the importance of well-being and physical activity to all patrons.
- Have a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Know all information provided to you by management.
- Be familiar with the job description of other facility employees.
- Provide extra commitment.
- Ensure all duties are complete.
- Enforce all Recreational Sports policies, rules and regulations.
- Open and Secure McComas Hall
- Immediately respond to injuries and accidents.
- Act during emergency situations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns from participants.
- Minimize potential hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement
- Participate in all in-service trainings and meetings.
- Report potential hazards and unsafe conditions immediately to the Facility Manager.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Professional CPR/AED/FA, American Red Cross. We will provide within the first 60 days of employment.
- Must have experiences with the Membership Team for a semester to be eligible.
- Must be about to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- With reasonable accommodations.
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a program that provides part-time employment opportunities to eligible students to help meet expenses related to education.
Working Rate - $11.00
Training Rate - $9.50
Will be promoted within our Facility Staff and Membership Service department.