Disc Golf Course
Grand Opening: April 19 - May 2
Students, employees, and the Virginia Tech community are invited to participate in the Grand Opening of our new Disc Golf Course! Simply play the course and complete a scorecard to enter yourself in a drawing of disc golf gear!
- From April 19 - May 2, grab a scorecard (placed next to the course map near the golf course clubhouse), complete it as you play, enter your contact info on the back, and leave it in the dropbox at the course map to be entered to win any of the prizes listed below
- Winners will be contacted via email the week of May 3 and will need to be able to claim their prize in-person at McComas Hall
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Disc Golf Disc Sets
- Individual Discs (drivers and midrange discs)
- Disc Golf Bags
- Water bottles
- More Rec Sports merch
The new Virginia Tech Disc Golf Course opened in April of 2021 and offers two tee boxes at each of its nine basket locations.
The course is located next to the Virginia Tech Golf Course. To find tee box 1 of the disc golf course, follow signs from the golf course's clubhouse.
Hours of Operation
Open Monday-Sunday from dawn to dusk
- The course offers two tee boxes at each of its nine basket locations
- Course Distance: 7,286 feet
- 3419 front nine
- 3867 back nine
- Par: 62 (Par 31 for 9 holes)
- Course Designer: Josh Taft
- Alcohol, tobacco, open flames and pets are not permitted on the course
- Do not throw off a tee until the group in front of you has cleared the hole
- Yell “fore” immediately for throws that may come close to other players
- Do not alter trees or shrubs
- Leave the course better than you found it
- Tee-Off: Tee throws must be completed within of behind the designated tee area
- Putting: Within 10 meters of the target a plater may not step past the point of their lie while putting. Falling of jumping is not permitted.
- Completion of hole: A disc that comes to rest in the basket or chains, not on top of the target or wedged in the cage, constitutes successful completion of that hole
- Out of bounds: A player whose disc is ruled out of bounds (OB) shall receive a one stroke penalty. The player may elect to play the next shot from (1) The previous lie or (2) A lie that is up to 1 meter from the point where the disc cross into OB
- Roads, driving range, greens and marked hotel property line and beyond are out of bounds (OB)