Disc Golf Course
The new Virginia Tech Disc Golf Course opened in April of 2021 and offers two tee boxes at each of its nine basket locations.
The course is located next to the Virginia Tech Golf Course. To find the first tee box of the disc golf course, follow signs from the golf course's clubhouse.
Hours of Operation
Open Monday-Sunday from dawn to dusk
- The course offers two tee boxes at each of its nine basket locations
- Course Distance: 7,286 feet
- 3419 front nine
- 3867 back nine
- Par: 62 (Par 31 for 9 holes)
- Course Designer: Josh Taft
- Alcohol, tobacco, open flames and pets are not permitted on the course
- Do not throw off a tee until the group in front of you has cleared the hole
- Yell “fore” immediately for throws that may come close to other players
- Do not alter trees or shrubs
- Leave the course better than you found it
- Tee-Off: At the release of the throw, the throwing player must have at least one foot or knee on the surface of the teeing area
- Establishing Position: Subsequent throws after teeing off must be thrown from directly behind the resting place of the disc.
- Putting: Within 10 meters of the target, a player may not step, jump, or fall past the point of their lie while putting
- Completion of hole: A disc that comes to rest in the basket or chains, not on top of the target or wedged in the cage, constitutes successful completion of that hole
- Out of bounds: A player whose disc is ruled out of bounds (OB) shall receive a one stroke penalty. The player may elect to play the next shot from (1) The previous lie or (2) A lie that is up to one meter from the point where the disc crossed into OB
- Roads, driving range, greens, and marked hotel property lines are out of bounds (OB)